Visual DataFlex is designed for developing database applications. The finely tuned
interaction between the components of the Visual DataFlex system eliminates a huge amount of
tedious and redundant custom coding without locking you into a RAD dead-end.
Visual DataFlex provides the right tools for creating database applications, fast!
What is Visual DataFlex?
Visual DataFlex (VDF) is a suite of software tools, a design methodology,
application components, a transaction processing DBMS and scaleable client
server options built around a mature object-oriented 4GL. Professional
developers worldwide use it to create high-performance, database
applications for Windows 95/98 and Windows NT.
With Visual DataFlex, you can.......
- Produce database applications faster with an Integrated Development
Environment specifically tuned for database manipulation.
- Extend your application functionality through a mature and proven
- Connect your application solutions to industry leading database servers.
- Easily web-enable your applications with the DataFlex WebApp Server.
- Plus, Visual DataFlex 12 includes the powerful DataFlex DBMS for royalty-free
Visual DataFlex Features
- Integrated source-level debugging facilities help you track down and fix problems quickly and easily.
- Provide world-class reports in your applications with Crystal Reports
7 for DataFlex - with nothing extra to buy.
- The business rules you define in Visual DataFlex can be used with the
DataFlex WebApp Server for highly integrated Internet and LAN
applications - with no code changes necessary.
- Code Editor and Explorer make navigating, editing and debugging your custom code a snap.
- Advanced IDE provides easy access to an extensive library of data aware controls.
- Enhanced support for sub-classing and external classes provides the
simplicity of drag and drop development for all your custom controls.
- High-performance client/server tools supply everything you need for
development, testing and support - in the box!
- Intelligent compilation logic detects even the most subtle compile-time
errors, with better error notification and "jump to error" editing.
- Fast, easy visual development
With the advanced Integrated Development Environment (IDE) in Visual
DataFlex 12, design and navigation of your application's user interface has
never been this simple.
- Data Aware Controls without the need for custom code
Writing code just to establish the links between a control and your data is a
thing of the past.
- No more worrying about data integrity
Your application's business rules and validations are encapsulated in Data
Dictionary Objects and automatically bound to your user interface.
- Eliminate repetitive tasks and improve the consistency
of your applications
Every component of your application, from the database and business rules,
to complete views is reusable - and extendable. Stop doing the same work
over and over again. Visual DataFlex 6's enhanced support for sub-classing
and external classes provides the simplicity of drag and drop development for
all your custom controls.
- High-level control when you want it
When dealing with code is inefficient or unnecessary, the high-level tools in
the IDE give you quick and easy access to the visual and database properties
of each control.
- Complete Control
When you have to touch and feel your applications code, the Code Explorer
puts it, and the awesome power of Visual DataFlex's object-oriented 4GL, all at
- Time and budget restrictions won't dictate the quality of your applications
Visual DataFlex's debugging features will help you deliver higher-quality
applications in less time, without increasing costs. Unlimited breakpoints are
easily added, removed, enabled, disabled, and viewed. You can step into,
over, and out of procedures and functions. Local and global variables are
displayed in variable windows, or by passing your mouse cursor over any
variable in the source window. Local variables only display data when "in
scope". The expression evaluator makes it easy to view any piece of data and
provides a powerful method for viewing object property values.
- Multi-user applications are automatic
The applications you create in Visual DataFlex manage multi-user
concurrency without the need for any special coding. Plus, if you elect to use
on of the many client/server options available for hosting Visual DataFlex
applications, your unchanged applications will trigger the transaction
capabilities of the host environment.
- Increase the return on your investment
Visual DataFlexs tiered development system is designed to accommodate the
latest trends in distributed, rule-based, client/server database application
architecture. The combination of the Visual DataFlex methods and the IDE
provides an easy-to-master environment for business process-based
application design. Visual DataFlex enables you to quickly take multiple
applications to deployment, through well-controlled and structured
Applications powered by Visual DataFlex today will continue to deliver value
tomorrow with open connectivity to database management systems, efficient
life-cycle maintenance, and future access to changing application client and
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-340-3404