Multi-Edit Version for Windows
Providing Programmers the control needed in today's competitive marketplace Multi-Edit 2008 has arrived!
This low-level source-code editor creates a single powerful environment from which you can control all your
VCS programs and compilers while integrating with your existing RAD environments. Multi-Edit supports
fifty-one languages out of the box and is pervasively customizable. Real-time support from our programmers
and developers ensures complete customer satisfaction.
Imagine owning One Editor that can manage all the projects you encounter throughout the span of your
career. One Editor that will conform to what you need it to be.
Enhanced HTML support
- Updated HTML tag database, including all HTML 4 tags and attributes.
- Miva tag database
- ColdFusion tag database
- JSP tag database
- New HTML online reference guide(now in HTML Help format).
- Enhanced tag editing, includes tabbed attribute dialogs.
- Integration with CSE HTML Validator for HTML Code Validation.
- Integration with Topstyle for editing cascading style sheets.
- Improved tag highlighting.
- Improved embedded language handling. Supports more languages and embedding
methods, including ASP, PHP, Miva and COLDFUSION scripting. Other embedded scripting languages:
- Automatically parse URLS like http://www.multiedit.com, or ftp://, or mailto:, or file:,
and identify it as a hyperlink by underlining it.
- Launch URL from within the file.
- Handles exec: to launch a program, and macro: to run a Multi-Edit macro.
- Supports the following identifiers: ftp, http, gopher, mailto, news, nntp, telnet, wais,
file, prospero, exec, macro.
Added Tool Integrations
- MS Visual Studio Integration: syncs automatically to the Visual Studio editor.
- Function browsing and parameter tips using the BSC Browser add-on.
- Oracle SQL Integration
- Compile SQL code using PL/SQL add-on
- Macromedia's Cold Fusion Studio and Homesite Integration
- Added Version Control System support
- Support for CVS
- Support for TLIB dll's
- Auto adds subdirectories to associations
User Interface Improvements
- History auto-completion of text fields in dialog boxes.
- New file open/save prompt.
- Complete "my computer" tree
- File management features
- Save and Restore of position
- Drive Bar
- Search improvements
- Tree list of all searches/results in two search results windows.
- Able to save Search history.
- Seperate search results lists.
- Regular Expression drop-down list for insertion in Search field.
- Tabbed vertical window (Navigation Pane) - similar to results window (Tools Pane).
- Improved Customize dialog - Easy navigation using a tree format
- NEW Preview Pane supports file and tag previews.
Improved Project Manager
- New user interface - Tree and list views for fast and easy navigation.
- Improved FTP support for sending project files to/from a remote system.
- Project Quick List for switching quickly between projects.
Improvements to Multi-Tags
- Tags are now displayed on the Navigation Pane for fast access.
- "Show All Tags" option displays all tags contained in the tag file.
- Integration with the project manager and ability to scan all project files.
- View tags in other tag files using the drop down box.
- Scan tags using wildcards.
Power Editing Improvements
- HTML From Code allows you to create an HTML version of your source with syntax coloring!
- Improved file compare with file merging
- Collapse on tags
- Multiple clipboards - docked , or floating buffer dialogs
- Operator alignment
- Align all operators on multiple lines with a single keystroke
- No more tabbing to line up equals "=" signs
- New meta commands
- Generate Project List
- Run Macro and substitute output
Added Language Support
Full support for: SQL, PL/SQL, TCL, REBOL, COLDFUSION, PYTHON, VHDL, Verilog, C#,
Matlab, Scilab, Progress, AutoLisp, HTMLScript.
Intelligent Language Support
- Smart indenting, code templates, brace/construct matching and auto-commenting work as
you type, eliminating redundant tasks and cutting your keystrokes in half! Like everything
else in Multi-Edit, it's all fully configurable and expandable!
- Language sensitive code highlighting that is fully extendable to work with any language.
- Function tagging lets you quickly locate any function, procedure or method in any file in your project.
- Supports ASP, Ada, Aspect, BASIC, VB, Batch, CSS, CSV, C/C++, COBOL, Dataflex, Delphi, DBase,
The Best Internet Development Environment
WebLair web-editing and site management technology and integral FTP give you the cutting edge tools you need to develop for the online world! Imagine having a complete, powerful HTML, ASP and embedded script editor all built into the same environment!
- Graphical HTML code highlighting, not just color coding.
code while still using all of the language features like templates and smart indenting.
- Extensive HTML tag expansion and editing lets you quickly modify attributes, images and colors.
- CommonCode allows you to easily manage, edit and update repeated HTML code segments. Much more
powerful than server-side includes!
- Automatically preview web pages in up to four different browsers simultaneously.
- HTML formatter makes you code readable, even when it has been generated by another program.
- Includes a context sensitive HTML reference guide.
Total Integration with your Existing Tools
- Flexible compiler/linker/make interface allow you to integrate all your tools into one
seamless environment. Automatically locates compiler errors. Supports more than 80 different
compilers! Compile in the background.
- RAD IDE Integration: Multi-Edit offers full integration with several popular IDE's
including Delphi, C++ Builder, and Watcom C/C++.
- Version Control System Interface provides seamless, automated and easy-to-configure
support for GNU RCS, LCM, MKS-RCS, PVCS, Sourcerer's Apprentice, SourceSafe, TLIB, and Versions.
- Automates the process of checking files in and out.
- Lists all the changes throughout the history of a file.
- Visually compares files to previous version.
- Supports the SCC vcs interface standard, as well as command-line driven programs.
Reconfigure the keyboard mapping, menus, toolbars, colors, fonts, screen layout, editing options, language configurations, and safety features without editing config files or writing macros.
Multi-Edit's powerful CMAC extension language lets you extend it features and power to your special needs. Much of Multi-Edit was actually written in its own extension language!
- Familiar C-like syntax
- Supports structures, arrays, integers, long strings and real numbers
- Powerful text processing functions
- Call any DLL function including the entire Win32 API
- Build complex dialog boxes
- Subclass windows
- Source code for the built-in macros included
Power Editing Features
- Concurrent editing of up to 255 DOS, UNIX, or Binary files. Edit any size file in tiled or
overlapping windows. Convert instantly between file types!
- Extensive search and replace facilities
- Powerful regular expression support. Configurable expression aliases let you create
- Multi-file search and replace works across directories and drives.
- Incremental search, finds text as you are typing.
- Global highlight lets you define an expression, and the matched text is highlighted
throughout your file as you edit.
- Bookmarks let you mark and return to any position in any file.
- The bookmark stack lets you push and pop positions off quickly.
- Random access bookmarks are easy to manage and work across files.
- Collapse mode editing lets you edit selectively hide sections of your code.
- Extensive block operations let you easily manipulate large sections of text. Work with streams of
text, whole lines or columns. You can even perform math and complex fills on blocks of text.
- Fully integrated Spellchecker that suggest spellings and has two auxiliary dictionaries.
Understands HTML, and you can even check text in quotes for source code.
- Hex mode allows you to easily edit binary files
- Unlimited keystroke macros for quick automation of tasks. Fully editable!
- Unlimited undo and redo
Easy to Use
- Multi-Edit was designed to be the easiest to use program editor on the market.
- Choose the keymap you know, or customize one to your needs. Comes with CUA(Windows), WordStar, BRIEF and Borland IDE keymaps. Fully configurable, and supports multi-keystroke mappings, so building one to suit you is a breeze.
- Tabular window selectors and dialog boxes Quickly switch between windows using file tabs.
- Extensive window management
- Choose from MDI or the new Single Window Mode This new mode works similar to the
way the old Brief style windowing worked, where files are put into each view so that you
set the screen to your preferences and put each file into it.
- Easy window splits.
- Automatic window sorting: Windows can now be automatically sorted based on the Filename,
Path, or Extension.
- Window/buffer list lets you keep everything organized.
- Complete online help.
Requires Windows 95/98/2000/NT 4.0, or XP.
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-340-3404