Help Authoring Tool
HelpStudio is a next generation Help Authoring tool supporting the development of
HTML based on-line help (Plain HTML, HTML Help 1.x or Help 2.0) and PDF Booklets.
Using the template technology introduced in Document! X, HelpStudio allows you to
concentrate on developing help content rather than fiddling with Topic layouts and
help project files to get professional results.
You define the Topic body text, Title and Links to other Topics, and let HelpStudio
templates take care of the layout.
This template based approach to help development makes it easy to change and evolve
the look and feel of your help project without requiring any rework to the help content itself.
In addition to generating standard HTML Help 1.x and Help 2.0 help files, HelpStudio
can create printable PDF booklets from a set of topics; a great way to create
'Getting Started' or 'Tutorial' sections users can easily print.
HelpStudio contains all the tools you need to produce professional quality Help
files and PDF Booklets with minimum fuss, including a Table of Contents Editor,
Project Spell Check, Project Find and Replace, Glossary Editor, Task Manager and Hyperlink Verifier.
HelpStudio can integrate with Document! X, allowing you to seamlessly combine your
Document! X generated documentation with a HelpStudio project (both Table of Contents
and Index, HTML Help 1.x and 2.0 supported).
HelpStudio includes a rich Automation and Extensibility model, allowing you to customize
and extend it to changing requirements, and creating an opportunity for third party
development and integration.
Color Picker Control Features
The HelpStudio User Interface contains advanced functionality first
found in Visual Studio.NET, including Dockable, Tab-Groupable, Collapsible
tool windows and a Tabbed-MDI document area. You can arrange your workspace exactly the way you want.
A wealth of integrated tools to make your Help Authoring tasks easier are included:
- Link verifier: Check all internal and
- Spell Check: Project wide and dynamic (red wavy line) in Topic Editor
- Find and Replace: Project wide and in the Topic editor
- Booklet Manager: Create PDF Booklets from existing Topics
- Glossary Editor: Define Glossary terms and HelpStudio produces the Glossary
- Drag and drop throughout: e.g. drag topics from the Project Explorer to create
hyperlinks or See Also Links, drag topics from the topic list onto the Table of Contents
to create Table of Contents entries etc.
- Link manager: easily create See Also style links to other topics and URLs.
- Task Manager: Record and track progress. View Tasks from the Topic Editor, or open the
Tasks List to see all tasks for the project
The HelpStudio Topic editor contains many features designed to make editing Topic content fast and easy.
- Intuitive Table Editing: Cell/Row/Column selection, Cell and Table Properties
dialogs, Tab key movement between cells and auto-creation of a new row when pressing the
Tab key in the final table cell
- Cell, Table, Line and Picture Properties dialogs: Property dialogs for the most common
complex HTML elements make it easy to create and adjust Table, Line and Picture properties
- Drag and Drop: Drag and drop Topics from the Project Explorer or Table of
Contents to create hyperlinks. Drag and drop Images from the Project Explorer to insert into the Topic;
- Shortcut Keys: A number of common keyboard shortcuts to make HTML editing quicker and easier
- Task Management: Create, edit and delete Tasks from within the Topic Editor to track
progress for a specific Topic
- Topic Preview: Preview how the Topic will look when generated with the chosen Template
- Colorised HTML source edit: Edit HTML source directly in a colorised HTML source editor
- Dynamic Spell Check: Red wavy line dynamic spell checking allows you to spot and
correct spelling mistakes as you type
- Paste Special / Import from HTML file: Paste in HTML from an external source.
Remove external styles and redundant HTML markup (e.g. from Office documents)
- Hyperlink Designer: Create and test hyperlinks to other Topics, URLs or Document! X content.
HelpStudio can create PDF Booklets using your existing HTML based Topic content.
You define the booklet properties, add the Topics you wish to include and HelpStudio
takes care of the rest, including a cover page, Table of Contents and full page numbering.
Because the generated output is based on your existing HTML, you can include rich
formatting and can leverage content already developed for the on-line help.
HelpStudio automatically pre-processes Topics included in PDF Booklets in order to make your
on-line help readable in printed form (e.g. hyperlink URLs are described, entries are
numbered etc.). You can customize the way in which the content is pre-processed for maximum flexibility.
Document! X Integration
HelpStudio integrates with Document! X, allowing you to seamlessly combine your Document!
X generated documentation with a HelpStudio project (both Table of Contents and Index, HTML
Help 1.x and 2.0 supported).
HelpStudio can import from existing RoboHTML or HelpStudio projects.
RoboHTML and HelpStudio Project Import: Import some or all of another RoboHTML or HelpStudio project
Team Working / Versioning
HelpStudio Integrates with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe to provide team working and
versioning support. Add projects to, open projects from and Check Out project elements
from SourceSafe directly within HelpStudio.
Individual project elements (e.g. Glossary, Table of Contents, a single Topic) can be
individually Checked Out/In for true team working.
Some other features you might appreciate if you have struggled with other Help Authoring tools in the past:
- Glossary items included in Topic text (e.g. $$GlossaryTerm$$) will be automatically
converted to clickable popup definitions in the generated Topic
- The HTML Attributes panel provides you instant access to the selected HTML elements properties
- HelpStudio exposes a comprehensive Object Model and Extensibility Model to enable
you to extend, enhance and integrate your Help Authoring activities.
A subscription license provides you with the following benefits :
- Unlimited priority support for the duration of the
- Product enhancement updates for the duration of the subscription license
- Guaranteed free update to the next major release, even if that release falls outside the period
of your subscription license
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-340-3404