Advantages of Using Localization Guru
- Localization Guru is licensed royalty-free. You can use it to localize as many
Visual Basic® applications as you like and never pay
any royalties. And, Localization Guru Lite is available for FREE!
- You may freely distribute the Language Editor along with your application. Some companies have customers who say, "I
would purchase many copies of your product if it were available in language XYZ. I am willing to do the translation myself if you
will help make that possible." With Localization Guru you can tell the customer, "No problem, here is a language database that
contains all the Native text that needs to be translated and here is the Language Editor that you can use to perform the translation."
- You have only one set of source code for your application. A competitor’s localization product takes the source code for your
project and generates a new project to support one or more foreign languages. With Localization Guru you deal with only one
source code project that you develop in your native language and that project can be localized to multiple foreign languages without
any further change to the project’s source code.
- Localization Guru has a mechanism to handle localization of any arbitrary ActiveX control that you can place on a form.
Some ActiveX controls store the text that needs to be localized in obscure places within the control. This is not a problem with
Localization Guru because of an event callback mechanism whereby the localization engine gives the event routine an opportunity
to localize the text stored in a control before the engine attempts to perform this task. The application programmer can easily add a
few lines of code to the event routine to handle any unusual controls that are used in the project.
- The source code for the localization engine is provided (in the Pro version). If there is a feature that you really would like to see
in the localization engine you don't have to wait until Beta-Sigma Data Systems decides to add that feature. You can do it yourself
since you have the source code. You will find that the source code is generously commented and easy to understand.
- The source code for the Language Editor is provided (in the Pro version). If there is a feature that you really would like to see
in the Language Editor you don't have to wait until Beta-Sigma Data Systems decides to add that feature. You can do it yourself
since you have the source code.
- In the Pro version (which comes with source code for the localization engine) you can include the localization engine in your project
as a class module (LocGuru.cls) and avoid having to distribute another ActiveX Component (LocGuru.ocx) with your application.
- Localization Guru is very fast. Even though Localization Guru
performs its translation from Native text to Foreign text at
run-time it does not add a perceptible delay to the amount of
time it takes for your Visual Basic forms to load. Don't just take our
word for it. Download the free version and see how Localization Guru Lite performs with your project.
- All it takes is one line of code added to the Form_Load event of a form to handle translating the form (and all the controls on the
form) from the Native language to any Foreign language that is stored in the current language database.
- If you have ever used a resource file to localize the text of a Visual Basic application then you will appreciate the simplicity of
using Localization Guru. Localizing with a resource file requires you to fetch the current language version of each visible text string
that appears anywhere on your Visual Basic forms. You end up having a line of code to replace each Caption, ToolTipText, etc.
property of each control on each form in your project. That can be quite a lot of work! With Localization Guru you only have to
add one line of code to the Form_Load event to handle translating the form. The text that is stored in a resource file typically has
to be linked into your EXE at build-time. The foreign language text in Localization Guru's Language Database is supplied at
run-time. As a result you only have one version of your compiled EXE that you can use with all foreign languages, even if
additional foreign languages are added after the EXE is built!
- Localization Guru has the ability to check your application to determine whether you are going to have a problem with the
layout and width of the controls on your forms when your application is translated into a language that results in longer
text strings than those of your Native language. You can customize the amount of extra width that is checked for. For instance,
you can specify that text up to 4 characters will grow by 100%, text up to 10 characters will grow by 80%, etc.
- The order in which phrases must be combined together to form a larger or more complex message is typically different from one
language to another. Localization Guru gives you a mechanism to combine strings together to form a larger or more
complex message in a language independent manner.
- The Localization Guru Language Editor allows you to export all the text of a specified language from a language database as a text
file that is in a format that can be processed by a software translation program. Or, you can give the file to a linguist for translation.
After the translation is completed, you can easily import the translated text back into the language database.
Return to the Localization Guru Pro main Page
Frequently-Asked-Questions (FAQ) about Localization Guru Pro
Royalty-Free, Source Code Included for the localization engine and the Language Editor.
This product is delivered by eletronic download.
Download Localization Guru Pro 5.9MB
The download contains Localization Guru Lite which is a free product
that you can use for evalucation with no timeout period.
After you place your order, the source code for
Localization Guru Pro (i.e. the source code for the
localization engine and the Language Editor) will be sent to you by E-Mail.
The Serial Number unlocks the Trial
version of the product so that you have a fully licensed
version of the product. The Serial Number is the ONLY thing that you will receive when you purchase your
license for the product.
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-340-3404