Supports Archive Formats
Compression Plus breaks new ground once again by being the first data compression toolkit on
the market which supports many other popular archive formats, in addition to ZIP. You can now
view and extract from archives that you are likely to encounter on the Internet, including ARC,
ARK, PAK, ARJ, GZ, LBR, TAR, TAZ, TGZ, Z and ZOO files. You can also UUENCODE, UUDECODE, decode
a Base64 file, decode a MIME attachment which uses Base64 encoding and more!
Data Compression Features
- Easy to use! Create and manipulate ZIP (and other) archives using our DLL services with only a
few lines of code. Or add our VBX/OCX to your project, and you can be archiving with a single line of code!
- Support for adding, updating, freshening and deleting files within archives.
- Span multiple diskettes using ZIP-compatible multi-volume archives or our own (more intuitive and
highly efficient) proprietary file format.
- Support for file inclusion and exclusion lists.
- Store (without compressing) pre-compressed files for maximum efficiency.
- Support for file filters (date, time, file attributes, etc.).
- Recurse directory trees and optionally store full or relative path names.
- Adjustable compression speed.
- Repair damaged ZIP files.
- Translate text files to/from Unix format (cr/lf to cr).
- Include archive / file comments and volume labels.
- Encrypt archived files using a ZIP-compatible, exportable algorithm.
- For additional privacy, optionally create archives that store files in a custom, non-ZIP format.
- Support for long filenames (32-bit) and UNC paths.
- Progress and messaging callbacks allow for easy progress monitoring, custom dialog creation and localization.
Data Decompression Features
- View the directory of any supported archive. Retrieve information for each file within including filename,
date, time, original size, compressed size, attributes, CRC, compression method and file comment.
- Determine if any files in the archive are encrypted.
- Determine if a password is correct for an encrypted file.
- Extract using wildcards or by creating file lists.
- Rename or redirect files during extraction.
- Define path substitution lists.
- Select from several overwrite options including conditional, unconditional, version checking and more.
- Test an archive without extracting files.
- Convert between short and long filenames.
- Determine which user interface elements will be handled automatically and which you’ll handle in your own code.
Other Good Stuff
- 100% compatible with ZIP 1.x and 2.x archives. Most competitive products support only ZIP 2.04g!
- 16-bit and 32-bit DLLs, 16-bit VBX and a 32-bit ActiveX control (OCX) all in one package!
- Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME and NT support.
- Use any Windows programming language that supports VBXs, ActiveX controls or DLL services.
- Comprehensive on-line documentation and printable Doc file.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 97
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, 5.0 & 4.0
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, 5.0 & 4.0
- Microsoft Visual J++ 6.0 & 1.1
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 & 1.0
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0
- Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad
- Microsoft Office 97
- Microsoft Access 97, 95
- Microsoft Access 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 & 5.0
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 & 3.0
- Netscape Navigator
- Borland C++ 5.0
- Borland C++ Builder 3
- Borland Delphi 4.0, 3.0, 2.0 & 1.0
- Borland IntraBuilder 1.5
- Borland Visual dBase 7.0
- IBM VisualAge for Basic
- IBM VisualAge C++
- PowerSoft PowerBuilder 6.0 & 5.0
- Watcom C/C++
- Operating System for Deployment: Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 & 2000
- Architecture of Product: 32Bit
- Tool Type: Component
- Component Type: ActiveX (OCX) or DLL
- Built Using: MFC V4.2
- Business Function: User Interface Collections
Includes Digital Signature, Marked as Safe for Initialization, Marked as Safe for
Scripting, OCX96 Compatible, Supports Apartment Model Threading, Supports Component Categories,
Supports Free Threading
- Year 2000 Compliance: Yes
Shopping Cart ||
Site Map ||
Search HALLoGRAM ||
Request More Information
CALL TOLL FREE 1-866-340-3404